Top Destinations to Visit in Palm Springs
If you’re looking for a place to escape for the weekend, Palm Springs is definitely the travel destination this season. From exhibits, to music events, to the multitude of unique hotels and restaurants, Palm Springs offers a variety of Instagram-worthy locations.
We recently took a trip down there for a fun photoshoot, which will be shared soon (you can get a sneak peak of some of those pics on our Instagram). We wanted to share some of our must-see destinations in Palm Springs. Below, we have a list of our favorite things to do, hotels to stay at, and places to eat!
Must do in Palm Springs:
- Visit the Andy Warhol exhibit at the Palm Springs Museum. You will not be disappointed. They have the largest display or original works, many of which are from his early years and not even recognizable as his work. Get inspired - check it out!
- Chill poolside! That’s what it’s really all about, right? Year round 70+ weather. When it’s overcast somewhere else you better bet it’s sunny in Palm Springs. Soak it up and chillax.
- Take a bike ride down Palm Canyon Drive to check out all the vintage shops and art galleries. You will see everything from days of the old Palm Springs to new pop art. It’s Palm Springs - anything goes!
- While I haven’t yet done the tram ride I hear it’s a must. It’s on my next trip to do list. Make a day of it, pack a jacket (it’s a good 20+ degrees cooler up there) and enjoy a casual lunch at ..... while you soak in the views.
- If you’re a festival goer and you love EDM definitely check out Splash House. Twice a year (June and August) they throw a big ole pool party at the Riviera and Saguaro hotels showcasing some of your favorite DJs and artists. Two years ago I had the pleasure of seeing Rufus Du Sol at their after hours party at the Air Museum and it was the best concert I’ve ever been to. Be prepared to get up close and personal with your favorite artists!
- We love Alcazar! I found this little gem some years ago when it went by another name. The new owners swanked it up opened a few restaurants (Cheeky’s and Birba) and changed the name for the better. It’s our number one best value in town. Just about every room is poolside, so no parking lot views here!
- Arrive - Located on the north end of Palm Canyon in the newly updated design district this place lives up to its name. You step in and you truly do feel like you’ve arrived! To heaven that is...the layout, the food, the poolside tunes, oh and the fresh juice bar are all divine. Don’t even get me started on the rooms! They are our favorite, masculine mid century with the most beautiful showers you’ve ever seen!
- The Avalon is a boutique hotel with amenities of a resort hotel. A restaurant, a spa and 3 pools (one is adults only) you almost never feel the need to leave the hotel. This hotel is also walking distance to downtown so if you do decide to leave your a 2 block walk to everything.
- Staying at La Serena Villas is like taking a trip to a bohemian paradise. This Mexico inspired boutique hotel is less than 2 years old. The gorgeous decor will have you wanting to redecorate your house so you feel like you’re on a permanent vacation!
- Make friends at The Colony Palms! By far the friendliest hotel we’ve stayed at, you’re sure to make some new friends hanging by the pool all day. The restaurant is also delicious, you won’t be disappointed with anything on the menu.
Must Dine :
- Grab breakfast at Cheeky’s! Be prepared to wait at least 30 minutes, however it’s 100% worth it! They have the best gluten free waffle and 4 flavors of bacon (I’m sold on the cinnamon apple bacon) Be prepared to be addicted!
- Poolside dining at the Avalon. The butternut squash Risotto is perfection and the ambiance music is on point.
- Evening cocktails at the rooftop bar at The Rowan Hotel. This brand new hotel dawns a poolside rooftop bar with fire pits for cool evenings and a gorgeous view of the mountains.
- Homemade secret recipe ice cream at the Arrive Ice Cream Shop(pe). Enjoy unique flavors like avocado, Coachella valley date and rose water.
- Drop some moolah at The Workshop. Probably our priciest pick, but the ultra cool vibes and superbly mastered Old Fashioned make it a must splurge!
Comment below some of your fav places to visit in Palm Springs. We love discovering new things to do out there!